Did you faced such situation that you need to complete a project on early basis and you waste your big time to search for your required libraries and then knowing how to go for your integration? Yes .. such days often come in some software developer’s life ..
Open source matters! so PHP is at top for helping you by providing such a huge community where you get great “plug and play” stuff for attaining quicknees in your work.
In same respect, Today i am gonna share with you a list of 20 Most Useful PHP libraries about which every PHP developer must now. So here they are:
GD library may help you to create a good but simple chart but for complex charts, here are some great libraries:
- pChart – a PHP class to build charts.
- Libchart – Simple PHP chart drawing library.
- JpGraph – Object-oriented graph creating library for PHP.
- Open Flash Chart – Flash based charting library.
RSS Parser Library
Parsing a RSS gets painful sometime, so why don’t you prefer to use any of following libraries and enjoy???
- MagpieRSS – RSS for PHP.
- SimplePie – Super-fast, easy-to-use, RSS and Atom feed parsing in PHP.
Good way for generating Thumbnails.
- phpThumb – The PHP thumbnail creator.
Playing with an e-commerce site? Need payment solution?. Let this library help you 😉
- PHP Payment Library – PHP Payment Library for Paypal, Authorize.net and 2Checkout (2CO)
Just in case you need to implement OpenID to your project.
- PHP-OpenID – OpenID implementation in PHP.
These library let you smile more while writting SQL quries.
- ADOdb – Database abstraction library for PHP.
- Doctrine – Object relational mapper (ORM) for PHP 5.2.3+ that sits on top of a powerful database abstraction layer (DBAL).
- Propel – Object-Relational Mapping framework for PHP5
- Outlet – an Open source object-to-relational mapping tool for PHP.
- FPDF – PHP class which allows to generate PDF files with pure PHP.
Enjoy if you need to generate your report in Excel file while using these libraries .
- php-excel – Very simple library for generating excel documents from php on-the-fly.
- PHP Excel Reader – Parse and retrieve information from XLS files.
Don’t like PHP mail function? Give a chance to any of these libraries:
- Swift Mailer – Free Feature-rich PHP Mailer.
- PHPMailer – Powerful email transport class with a big features and small footprint.
For Test-driven development lover, these library will help great.
- SimpleTest – PHP unit test and web test framework.
- PHPUnit – Member of the xUnit family of testing frameworks and provides both a framework that makes the writing of tests easy as well as the functionality to easily run the tests and analyse their results.
Hope these libraries will make your programming life more easier and happy 🙂
Happy Coding 😉